||It was part of an isolated country.(BC 300)
|Three Kingdom Period
||It belongs to Baekje and was called Gucharyehyeon.
||In the early days, it belonged to Namwon. In the 21st year of the King Injong (1143), local officials were dispatched here and was promoted to Hyeon.
||In the 13rd year of the King Taejong(1413), it was promoted to Hyeon. During the period of King Sejo, it belonged to Suncheonbu. It belonged to Namwonbu as it was demoted to Bugok in 1499. It was reinstated as Hyeon in 1507.
||It became a Gurye-gun, and then became part of Jeollanam-do the following year.
||Four myons - Sandong, Jungbang, Soue and Godal - were merged in Namwon-gun, Jeollabuk-do.
||It consisted of eight myeons as Godal belonged to Gokseong-gun.
||Muncheok and Ganjeon became myeon again.
||Gurye-myeon was promoted to Gurye-eup, which currently consists of 1 eup and 7 myeons.